Breaking News

South Korea Said North Korea Did Not Violate Any Deal That Caused The Destruction Of The Inter-Korean Liaison

South Korea Said North Korea Did Not Violate Any Deal That Caused The Destruction Of The Inter-Korean Liaison

South Korean Defense Minister Jeong Kyeong-doo issued a statement on Friday confirming that the surprise destruction of the inter-Korean liaison office last week did not violate the latest military tensions deal between the two Koreans.

The head of South Korea's Ministry of Defense issued the statement at a meeting of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly on defense matters. Jeong Kyeong-doo affirmed the agreement to reduce military tensions between the two regions to prevent sudden and direct military clashes, which have nothing to do with liaison offices.

In the same statement, the South Korean Defense Minister confirmed that there was no sign of North Korea preparing to test intercontinental ballistic missiles, but the ministry said it was still closely monitoring the situation. 

Yonhap news agency quoted sources saying that North Korea is restoring the propaganda loudspeaker system in the border area between the two countries.


No comments