Breaking News

India excludes Huawei and ZTE from its 5G deployment plans

 

India's Business Standard website reported on August 13 that the country had removed two Chinese technology companies, Huawei and ZTE from their 5G network deployment plan.

According to a Vietnam News Agency reporter in New Delhi, India's Business Standard website reported on August 13 that the country had removed two Chinese technology companies, Huawei and ZTE from their 5G network deployment plans.

Officials familiar with the request of anonymity said that India would apply a revised investment law passed on July 23 that would restrict investors from countries that share land borders with the country.

National security concerns to eliminate the above companies. However, the Ministry of Communications and the Office of the Government of India did not comment on this information.

Earlier this year, India allowed Huawei to participate in 5G trials, but New Delhi has taken a tough stance towards Chinese companies after tensions in the border area.

India's Ministry of Communications said it will restart discussions on the approval of 5G network trials with the participation of private companies including Bharti Airtel Ltd, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd and Vodafone Idea Ltd. This discussion was inherently delayed due to a nationwide blockade due to acute respiratory infections from COVID-19.

According to the sources above, the 5G auction process is likely to last until 2021 and the ban on the two companies mentioned above will be announced in a week or two after being approved by the prime minister's office. 

No comments